Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Go Red

Everyone loves a good red eye. But when is it appropraite to wear it? All the time of course! It can go with almost any outfit and looks pretty when you're just having fun with your makeup in sweat pants :)
I love red eyeshadow becuase I have blue eyes and it's one of the colors that really lets my eyes pop! Please excuse my hair and tshirt in this post, yall know by now makeup is my priority lol, not my hair.

Because this post is focused on the eyeshadow, I have already done my other makeup this time. All that is on my eyes right now is my foundation and powder to even out my skintone.

Step 1: create your crease. Because we are using a color as vibrant as red, it is not necessary to put a nude base eyeshadow on unless you just want to. Completely up to you! Now, using a crease brush, take your red shadow and brush on your crease. It is okay to make your crease heavy as I have and I personally think it looks better to have a heavy crease becuase since we are dealing with red eyeshadow, depending on which brand you use, it can look dark on the pallete but go on really light. 

Step 2: your bottom lid. Using a smaller eyeshadow brush, apply red eyeshadow to your bottom lid. Make sure that the amount you put on the bottom matches the color intensity of the crease you created.

Step 3: using an angled eyeshadow brush and your red eyeshadow, connect the shadow on the bottom lid to the shadow on the top lid. Just like in the Bridesmaid Glory tutorial where you create the shadow cat eye and push the shadow toward your crease, you will do the same thing here as well. 

Step 4: your upper lid. For this step you will use a darker pink and a lighter pink eyeshadow. OR you can fill your lid in with your red eyeshadow. I like to use pink with the red. So here on the outer side of my lid I used the darker pink and applied it half way. Then I used the lighter pink on the inner side of my lid. When you apply these I know you won't exactly be able to see the difference in colors but when the eyeliner and mascara go on, you will, I promise :)

Step 5: the eyeliners. In the bottom left frame, you can see that i used a shimmery brown liquid eyeliner to create a baby cat eye (tutorial: Baby Cat Eye). Then in the bottom right frame, I used my hot pink eyeliner pencil on my waterline to give it a flare of pink! If you want to use a brown or black eyeliner pencil, that is up to you. I just love using colors! I used brown liquid eyeliner on the top though because when the red shadow and the black mascara come together they can be very dark and if you have black eyeliner on the top too it can look a little strong lol! So I chose brown because it will keep the look toned down. 

Step 6: bottom mascara. Be careful not to put on too much mascara on the bottom because you don't want your lashes sticking together. 

Step 7: top mascara. I put on light mascara on the top becuase I used this look to be my shadow for my eyelash tutorial. Had this been a normal look that I would leave my house wearing, I would have put more mascara on the top! But it's pretty either way :)

THANK YOU XOXO








No comments:

Post a Comment