Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sun Kissed (dedicated to Randi Ann, my boo)




This is dedicated to my friend Randi Ann (my boo) who is going to the beach in California (only a little jealous) and needed some ideas for beach makeup! So I have created Sun Kissed and hope that you love it Randi Ann! And for those of you that see this and you follow me on facebook, you know that I have never actually gone to makeup school and all of the looks I create are from me seeing something I like and working over and over again until I can duplicate it with my own easier, not as technical, methods. So I do not know how to contour but I think the way I will use my bronzer in this one is similar. Either way, it's still a pretty look and I hope everyone loves it!

First, have a clean face. It's paramount. Putting new makup on top of old makeup leads to so much bacteria and then you get pimples. (and yes, I try to scare women out of starting with old makeup because it really is bad for your skin!!)

First, apply your foundation like normal if you use it. If you do not, that is okay, but I highly encourage you too. There are so many benefits of using foundation such as evening your skin surface, evening out your skin tone, and if you are someone that has red skin on your face, it is better for you skin than using several different powders because they can clog your pores so badly and quickly.

Next, as I said earlier, I have never gone to makeup school so this next step is going to be my "contouring." I would say that a bronzer would work, I am going to use the dark bronze and tan pallets (upper and lower far left). 

So what I did to get my "glow" in this frame is I took a blush brush and I applied the bronze and tan pallets in these areas (some are harder to see because of the lighting, I apologize):
1) both sides of my forhead but not the middle aread
2) my cheeck bones
3) along my jaw bone
4) my nose 
5) my chin

Next comes powder. Make this the lightest layer of powder you have ever put on in your entire life! That is what I had to do haha! Very light powder because too much will completely cover up the bronzer.

Next I used my actual bronze colored blush and went over my cheeks as if I were putting on my blush normally.

These are the 3 colors I am going to use on my eyes. 

So first things first, I used the vanilla colored shadow as my base and applied it to my upper and lower eyelids. 

Step 2: I used the shimmery pink shadow and applied it only to my upper eyelid. Not to the area directly under my eyebrow.

Step 3: your crease of course! I used the darkest shadow on my pallet and made a light crease (I did not apply a lot of the dark shadow, just a light layer of it).

Step 4: using the darket shadow, I used a smaller eyeshadow brush to apply the darkst shadow to my bottom eyelid. 

Step 5: using your darkest shadow still, use and angled eyeshadow brush and apply the shadow to the lash line of your top eyelid as if you were putting on eyeliner. This step is simply to create an area between your mascara and your eyelid itself. 

Next comes your bottom mascara. I always apply it first because I do not like having a bunch of little dots on my upper eyelid from looking up to put on my bottom mascara.

Then comes your top mascara!

Add some pink lipgloss and your Sun Kissed look is complete!!

** In this tutorial I simply brushed my eyebrows. Because we are going for a light beachy look, we do not want our eyebrows to be bold and not blend in with our over all look! 

XOXO Lala 














No comments:

Post a Comment